I LOVE direct sales companies, I hope by reading this you will learn to love them too and learn how to choose a direct sales company that is just perfect for you.
You could say that direct sales companies are one of my obsessions. I love them and the impact they can have on people’s lives.
Here are a few reasons to buy from direct sales companies:
- Support your local small business. Direct sales companies are small businesses being run by local entrepreneurs. When you buy items from them, you are usually supporting a stay at home mom trying to earn a little money while working around her family and spending time with her children. The money she earns from you goes right back into our local economy.
- FREE stuff! When you go to Wal-Mart or Target, they don’t generally give you free items just for purchasing or recommending their items to your friends. Most direct sell companies do! Take my Simply Aroma business for example. If you have any party, and have average sells about $400, the host gets $60 in FREE product plus the option to buy 3 more items at half price. Wal-Mart gives you nothing.
Here are a few reasons to JOIN a direct sales company:
- Diversity. There are direct sales companies for everything from make-up, weight loss, health, essential oils, jewelry, purses, cooking supplies, and more. Myself alone I sell Plexus Slim, TuVous Jewelry & Fashions, and Simply Aroma Essential Oils and Blends.
- Freedom. Direct sales allow you the freedom to make your own schedule and spend quality time with your family. You work your company around your family schedule, not your family schedule around your work.
- Make money. If you work hard, the rewards are great. Of the women in the US making over $100,000 per year, most of them are in direct sales. And did you know that most of the people who file for bankruptcy say that just an extra $300 per month would have made the difference. No not everyone gets rich from direct sales, but the odds of you gaining financial stability from it are far greater than with a regular 9 to 5.
- Travel. Most companies have an annual convention. These are great opportunities to travel to places you have never otherwise might be.
- Prizes. Who doesn’t love prizes? Mary Kay is one of the best in awarding prizes at all levels. I have earned luggage, dinnerware, jewelry, and a radio just for the little bit of sales that I had.
- Tax credits. Do you need more tax deductions? Owning a small business and running it from home is a great way to get additional tax deductions. You most definitely would want to use a tax professional though to help.
- And the best part, new friends! I have met great friends throughout my 10 years in direct sales. I have learned a lot, grown personally, and met people from all over the world.
There are two important things to remember when looking for a direct sales company to join, product and compensation. Each company is different and you need to make sure that you can stand behind and believe in what you are doing. You want a product that is consumable, reasonable priced, and one that you can stand behind and believe in. If you wouldn’t use your product, or don’t love your product, how can you expect someone else to buy it.
As far as compensation, well you need to be paid on your efforts. Look at who gets paid in the company and when. Some companies, but not all, don’t start the pay outs until you get higher up. Plexus for example starts paying profit sharing after just 2 people under you. Plexus also allows husband wife teams where other direct sales companies do not. So be sure to look at not just the commissions or profits from sales, but bonuses, trips, and other compensation.
Another reason I love direct sale companies are for the starter kits. You get the most amazing deals in the starter kits, even if you don’t pursue the company part actively. It is usually a one-time offer and so worth it. And everyone knows that I love a bargain.
So I hope you all go out and support your local small direct sales businesses, I promise it will mean a lot to them.
Thank you for listening and have a great day! ~Tarrah
Buy Plexus Online www.PlexusOfHouston.com
Buy Jewelry Online www.JewelryByP3.com
Buy Essential Oils Online www.P3Aromatherapy.com